Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Vera Is Shining Bright

But not like a diamond. Then again she bloody well should, having spent the best part of two and a half hours cleaning her. What a difference though. The green... growth!? - what is that green stuff that forms on stuff left outside, like your weekend use van? lt's all gone now but not without it's price. I am knackered but it was worth it. Every inch was jet cleaned, scrubbed and then polished in order to hopefully slow the return of the green... My back is aching a bit now though.

After that I split off some of my sourdough starter to make a loaf... turned out okay but I need to wait a bit longer until I can taste it. Scrubbed the decking - another chore that needs doing this time of year. Fitted in a short run - my legs don't feel too bad. A pleasant surprise. Although having said that, I could probably have got away with another day up north but I'm not sure how well l would have coped with the climbs. And in the afternoon, when the sun came out it was just plain relaxing to sit out in the front garden. Listening to the birds chirp and the cat squeak - she does that.

Anyway, here are a few photos from the weekend...


 On the way up (slowly, very slowly) towards the final target of Cardair Idris

Panoramic looking out to see during a break on The 'slow' ascent.. 





No comments:

Post a Comment