Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Feeling Knackered

...and I've not even managed any training this week. It's been a draining one so thank goodness that's it for me. Been pushed and pulled in all directions this week and I feel like I'm about to explode. The worst thing about it though, is that I'm leaving my colleagues in the thick of it but I've two days holiday booked and as I'm an unimportant cog I ain't going to be cancelling them. A man - or rather, this man - can only work so many 11 hour days. It's not like I'm a spring chicken anymore. If I was a horse they'd be melting me for glue.

I'm looking forward to the Offa's Dyke Chepstow Relay starting Friday and I'm hoping I can chill for what's left of today and tomorrow morning before heading north. I've not fully sorted my travel arrangements for the extended weekend. In fact I've not sorted the arrangements at all. Better get a move on! Still hoping to run twice on each of the three days and cover somewhere near 20km per session. That's going to be a tall order so the main focus will be completing any of the stages where I'm running solo so as not to break the relay. Right, that's it. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment