Friday, October 16, 2009

I've decided to stagger

No, my poor, crippled, old dishevelled body hasn't given up the ghost quite yet - I'm on another comeback don't you know? No, I'm talking Minehead Running Club's Exmoor Stagger on Sunday. I've decided to go for it over the 15 mile course up to the Dunkery Beacon and back. It sounds like a bit of a tough one - indeed, some might call it a fell race, what, with over 3,600 feet of ascent.

I'm still buoyed by my performance in last weeks Muddle - and the fact that my kilometre reps are coming along nicely - it'll be another six of them next Wednesday and hopefully a few seconds faster as well.

I reckon the top twenty could be in range and I'm setting myself a time target of 2:25. I'm going to be going out of my comfort zone - again - but the racing as training seems to be working.

Oh, and before I forget, I've finally decided on my target race for October - and it's a bit sad - but I've chosen my home fixture of the Bridge Inn 5k. I figure it will be good to gauge my performance against my kilometre reps...

No comments:

Post a Comment