Saturday, October 03, 2009

A chat and a race

As the assembled field headed off up towards Fan Fawr upon the firing of the starters gun - or in fell running terms, the race organiser saying the words, 'right that's about it, off you go' - I settled into last but three place for a chat with Dick Finch P.I. I was in determined mood. There was no way I was going to run quickly - I was determined of that. Helen disappeared into the distance very quickly and subsequently won the women's race.

As I approached the half way point of the climb I put in a tiny amount of effort to move myself towards the middle of the pack. It was quite hard to not push on though - it was a difficult task but I was up to the challenge. I cruised along the top before descending slowly back down to the finish. Result. With race one of the winter series under my belt I've only got another six to go before that mug is mine, all mine, ha ha ha ha [deep, evil booming laughter]

Anyway, I'm off to relax now ahead of tomorrow's Oldbury 10 - where I will be trying all out - promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment