Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Marvellous Malverns...

although I was right about yesterday's training - I was knackered from the off. My legs felt heavy. Pretty much the entire run was a struggle. I was a that close [I'm holding my thumb and index finger about 1mm apart] from not making it all the way to the Worcestershire Beacon. In the second section, the six hills were killing me. Mentally I'd given up and decided I'd get to 8km out and turn back - a ten miler wouldn't be too bad would it?

Anyway, as I struggled over the top of the aptly named Perseverance Hill, the Beacon came into view and I decided giving in wasn't an option. It didn't get any easier but finally I made it to the Worcestershire Beacon - then all I had to do was turn round and run all the way back...

It wasn't my quickest time and my legs are really knackered now. Scratch that, the whole of me is knackered. On the upside though, the weather was fantastic and the views good if a little misty/hazy. Definitely glad I ran and it's another longish one complete, 20km with 1000m ascent. Not long now till the OMM...

No comments:

Post a Comment