Sunday, April 24, 2016

Marking Our Territory...

Or in this case the course for this morning's Offa's Orra multi-terrain race. It was an early start for a Sunday. Not sure the last time I was up at 6am on a Sunday.

Anyway, we set out from the race HQ at just gone seven and headed out to mark the course. I donned my cape and became Flour Man with my super power of drawing arrows on the ground out of - yes you guessed it - flour. Other members of the team for this important mission where Signage Girl with the power to carry lots and lots of signs and her trusty sidekick Signage Boy with the power to stick aforementioned signs in and onto almost anything; shrubbery, posts, gates, fences. You name it, he stuck a sign on it. The final member of the squad - it's changed from a team to squad because it sounds cooler - was Bamboo Cane Man with the power to transform garden canes into narrow red and white flags and stick 'em in the ground. I don't think they'll be making it into a film...

In total it took just under 4 hours to complete the course and we covered 22km with 600m of ascent. Although not exactly a full on run I feel surprisingly tired now but then I have clocked up 60km this week which far exceeds previous weekly totals. And that ends week 18 of The Comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment