Sunday, April 17, 2016

It Burns...

My legs didn't have it today. I got the burn before my heart rate maxed. I wasn't expecting my legs to feel tired so that was surprise but I'm just glad my back was better and I was able to get out there. I pushed things as hard as I could and even when I was reduced to a walk on the steeper sections I still pushed hard and maintained the burn. By the end my calf muscles were just beginning to feel like they might cramp up but they didn't. I think I might be aching tomorrow...

So to the run itself. I headed over to Hollybush for about 10am and got straight on it. It was popular today - probably something to do with the fact that the sun was out. It was chillier than it looked though but still nice and I'm not complaining. In fact it was so popular the little car park was full. Luckily there's a lay-by 100m down the road that people seem to ignore so I parked there instead.

The views from the top were great. I could see across to the west Black Mountains. The distinctive Sugarloaf clearly visible as was Lord Hereford's Knob - no, not saying anything. As planned, I traversed - I'd say 'ran' but that would be a lying - all the way to the Worcestershire Beacon and beyond. I decided to 'run' up North and Table hills rather than loop round them to boost the ascent figures. Then it was back up to the Worcestershire Beacon and the return. I completed the 22.9km with 1180m ascent (14.3mi / 3875ft) in 2hr 25mins. I'm pleased with that.

Anyway, after yesterday's misfire, it was good to bring down the curtain on week 17 of The Comeback with the hilly 14 miler. Up next weekend is a 16 miler...

No comments:

Post a Comment