Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Niggle

I woke up this morning, duh, dah, dah, da, duh, my right knee was sore, duh, dah, dah, da, duh. Right, shutting up now. Doesn't really feel like much but with the BIG one just around the corner - that's Saturday - I don't want anything to go wrong. Not aware of doing anything to trigger it so it's probably more paranoia than anything else. Still, can't be too careful. I'm not going to gain or lose anything in four days so I've decided to chill. I did 75 minutes on the static bike which felt okay and walking around this evening feels fine so I figure what ever it was, wasn't anything of significance. Monitoring...

Anyway, other than the above blip, I think I'm all set for the Vegan Welsh 3000s race - all 35 miles of it, not forgetting the 12,000 feet of ascent. I'll be using completely natural foods during the race. Not only will it be vegan, as stipulated in the rules, it will be old school too. I won't be using modern energy gels and such like. I've baked up some stomping, sticky flap-jack (oats, dates, hazel nut, sunflower seeds, raisins, apricot, a little syrup and sunflower oil instead of butter). I'll also be using other semi-dried fruits and nuts and as I'm not intending to set the world on fire I will be doning the camelback to make sure I've a good supply of fluid (and okay, I'm cheating a little by adding an electrolyte tablet or two). Little and often is the key to keep the energy levels steady...

No comments:

Post a Comment