Saturday, February 09, 2013

Chilling And Resting

Turned out to be a chilled day of baking in the end. My veggie pie didn't exactly go to plan though. The flavours were great but I haven't quite mastered the art of short crust pastry just yet. I can't allow myself to use shop bought stuff until I do. Tonight's effort didn't have enough water so the short crust was so short it could have been one of Ken Dodds Diddymen.

My wholemeal loaf, on the other hand, was a far more satisfying affair. Other than that I really haven't done much at all today and you know what? All in all it's been a totally relaxing day. Sometimes you just have to laze around, busying yourself doing nothing and now I think I'm all rested and ready for tomorrow's Durlsey Dozen. To which I'm all set. I've checked the road closures due tomorrow for the Gloucester 10k and plotted my alternative drive. The kit is packed. The GPS charged and my number ready. Shoe-wise, I'm going with the Innov8 Quagmire-Claws. I reckon it's going to be as muddy as ever I've run it. I'm quite looking forward to the torture...

No comments:

Post a Comment