Monday, April 06, 2009

Wasting time

Internet down. Internet down. Don't panic. Don't panic Mr Manwaring - on second thoughts. Panic. Panic.

I've just wasted 90 minutes trying all sorts of things. The phone line was fine so it wasn't a water sustained injury. Rebooting this. Restarting that. Resetting. Changing passwords. Turning it off. Turning it on. All to no avail. It right buggered my training. I was going to do an hours bike in front of the Gadget Show. In the end it turns out I made my own episode of the gadget show trying to get the damn internet back working.

In the end I turned it off. Waited twenty minutes. Turned it back on and there she was, the internet back up and running. It was just one of those things by all accounts but think of the wasted time. If only I'd just turned it off and waited. Patience is a beautiful thing...

...Technology sure as heck 'aint sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment