Sunday, April 12, 2009

A pleasing result

On recent form, today's Mynydd Troed run has to be my best for a goodly while. I was only just slower than the last time I ran the course - and that was at the height of my powers - not that the height then was particularly great. I was 1:35(ish) slower but I'm really pleased with the result. It sounds silly to be pleased with a slower run but scroll forward to the bigger picture and it means I'm getting fitter and stronger. I need to keep up with the long runs. I must.

I was 19th in a strong field - the race was the first of the Welsh Open Championship. Helen won the women's race, improving on her own course record by 12 seconds in the process. She was 14th overall.

I can't wait for the next race. The Ireland race was a bit of a disappointment so this one has been a shot in the arm...

No comments:

Post a Comment