Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bicycle fun

OK, not really much fun - the exercise bike is almost as boring as the treadmill - but at least I can see the TV from the bike. Catching up with the latest edition of channel Five's Gadget Show - well what else would a good geek watch? - really helped to while away the hours - or rather, minutes, as I peddled my way to forty five. My quads felt like they'd had a right good work out by the end. My prehistoric bike uses a belted flywheel for resistance and the longer you go on the harder it gets - and it really does get tonnes harder. Plus you get this lovely friction burning smell from the belt - nice - and no, there's no health and safety issues - a thorough risk assessment has been carried out.

Right, I'm off to recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment