Friday, January 16, 2009

T85

Having arrived home at a goodly hour I proceeded to dot the t' and cross the i's of a couple of work things - never accuse my of slacking - unless it's to do with running, of course, for that, I'm major general slack. With all those crosses and dots out the way I focused my mind before embarking on the maiden voyage of the good ship Tunturi.

I input my details - weight, sex - stop it, age, inside leg measurement - dialled up thirty minutes of hill run session, cranked up the volume on the mp3 and hit go.

So was it any good? You know, I think it was. It was pretty tough going and I was sweating like a sumo wrestler by the end and my calves felt a little tight but I can see it'll do me a lot of good - as long as I can condition myself to hop on board after work and take the good ship Tunturi for half an hour round the harbour and back.

Here's hoping...

2 comments:

Simon Anderson said...

What's wrong with the great outdoors???

The Mad Runner said...

Sadly, at our new place in the country, it's too dark by the time I get home to run safely on the roads and running across the fields requires the use of trained guide bats - which I can't afford. Rest assured that once the days start expanding I will once again get out into the real world when home from work.

Thanks for the interest and good luck with the eventual BG. I helped someone to his BG last year. He went for the clockwise version and I ran legs 1 and 4 with him.

Post a Comment