Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A frosty reception

For once I have never been more glad of walking like a cripple. It was mighty chilly around the Urals - ooh er. So I took my chance to play the 'I'm too stiff - stop it - and achy to run' card - that worked a treat and after setting up the generator and light I lent a hand at the finish.

By the time the last competitor had made it back I was frozen. My hands were right to drop off - but they didn't. So, I packed up my bits and pieces, loaded it back into the car and f#*$ed off home for supper.

Now I probably could have made it around the course tonight but it would have been a bit slow and to be honest I would rather give it another day before I have a proper run out - why, that'll be just in time for the track session tomorrow night.

Thought for the day:Never lose the opportunity to give sunshine to the day of a person who needs a few encouraging words.

No comments:

Post a Comment