Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blustery days keep the doctor aways

Another day, another session on the track. All right, 'A' session on the track.

It was a horrible night. The wind was foul. All around, did howl. By the end, muscles tight. By 'eck, it were a horrible night - but we had a very large group braving the conditions.

Our squad sported such past members as Danny - well, that was about it for the past members. Timba was back for more - always good to see a young lad not being put off and eager for more training. More intriguing was a young woman and her father - and her mother, but she didn't run - who have recently moved to Bristol and who looks quick. I think she's originally from Eritrea but don't quote me. Oh, and I should mention Dan and Jerry were once again propping up the front with Sean while I, of course, propped up the rear - ooh, no, misses, stop it. And not forgetting the most important person of all, Rick - just kidding, I'm mean Helen [starts donning the body armour - and not the cheap stuff].

Well, that about wraps it up for tonight. Oops, I almost forgot to tell you about the session. We ran - at the request of Jerry - four 400's with a jog 90s, 200m recovery followed by a five minute rest before continuing with eight 200's with another 90s recovery. I ran OK. The 400's were a bit slow, averaging about 77s with a nasty, wicked, evil 80s slipped in there somewhere but the 200's were better with the first few at 34s before cutting that down to 32s and a final 30s. I were right pleased with the last one because I just felt I needed to see if I had the old magic - and you know what? I think I still do...

Thought for the day: A cat in gloves catches no mice.

No comments:

Post a Comment