Saturday, April 27, 2013

Well I Mucked That Up

That's what happens when you stop to answer a text when you're out for a run. As you do, I stopped the watch - you can guess what's coming - answered the text.... and yes, started running again without starting the watch - doh. Well that put an end to the Strava. What made it all the worse was that I went up to May Hill pretty strongly - truth. As I pushed the last little bit, starting to feel sick, I looked down at the watch. Eh, why's it show 1.5km? Should be close to 5km, ehh? Arrrrrgh, it ain't clocking. Bugger. I was feeling the buzz for once as I put in close to max effort on the climb. My thoughts filled with wondering how high up the leader board I would place. How big my VAM would be - ssh, no, stop it. And in the end I will never know. School boy error. Taking a positive from the debacle, I have no choice but to go run the route again - with the clock running next time.

Well despite mucking up the timing it was still a pretty good ten miles with an estimate of around 2,000 feet of ascent. The last three miles were flatish on the road so I could try and hold my form and push the pace. Apart from one un-runnable section of climb up an overgrown, disused public footpath, it was a pretty good new route to add to the arsenal.

All's left to do now is shower, comb the locks, don the DJ, head down to Bristol and then PARTY...

No comments:

Post a Comment