Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Twenty Seconds....

Doesn't sound a lot. Call it three seconds a kilometre and it sounds even less but I'm actually really pleased. I think I worked about as hard as last week. No more. No less. I'm moving in the right direction.

We set off steady and were soon into the climb. The climb over the top of Dundry as always it is, was tough. We were about fifteen seconds up with Martin leading by a few metres. He had the legs for the climb while I puffed bad on the last third. The descent was a relief and I caught and over took him. From that point there was no looking back - no really, I never look back, I told you that last week.

I just about held things together on the 2km run it along the A38. I was on the limit and I was just as wasted come the end as last week. A twenty second improvement means I'm on track. Despite no focused training the few fairly low key, short distance road runs have had an instant affect. I think I need to make sure I keep on incorporating road running. Ideally a bit of speed work but at the end of the day I'll take a few road runs if nothing else. Sad as twenty seconds sound I feel quite buzzed...

No comments:

Post a Comment