Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Bit Of The Old Blue Peter

I've still got it - been to the doctor and they couldn't cure it, boom, boom. I am, of course, referring to a touch of the old Blue Peter sticky back plastic magic. A discarded cereal box, an old washing up bottle, the cardboard tube from a toilet roll... Okay, it was really just the sticky backed plastic but I still got it. Voila, one orienteering control list arm holder - back of the net. Here's one I made earlier...



Pretty pleased with my effort. Should do the job nicely...

Training wise, my back is still playing up but edging towards better. I reckon I need to get me into the mountains and practice more descending at speed. I think that's what did it and I think that's what'll cure it - or stop it happening again.

I went jarring free today with an hour on the exercise bike. Wanted a bit of a rest day. I thought about a proper ride but felt I'd work it too hard. I'm all about training days and easy days rather than banging it out every day. Quality over quantity - apart from double race weekends of course. Can't give up my double headers.

Fifty fifty for the cross country tomorrow. I think the last time I ran the cross country at Bridgend was back in 2003, almost a decade ago...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment