Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Through the (10 mile) barricades

Yes, that's right, for the first time ever I broke through the 10 mile barrier. For those who are not sure of the significance of this - or in fact, what the hell I'm talking about - I'm talking miles per litre - as in, car economy. And yes, I finally hit the magic 10 miles per litre average - not an easy feat in my clapped out old banger. I've been getting close with my increasingly 'old fart', steady as she goes technique but at the last fill up, I finally hit the mark. It just goes to show, you don't need to scrap your old one for a carbon loaded upfront new one - as the government is urging us to do - I'm practically saving the planet.

Right, political broadcast over, I ran five 800's this week with the same 90 seconds recovery. Sean and the lads were running shorte 500 and 400 reps but I need longer reps at the moment so it was a solo affair again - as it probably will be over the coming weeks.

The wind was a little stronger tonight than last week but I went off steadier and managed to run all five at a consistent pace - 2:50, 2:50, 2:48, 2:50 and 2:48. Now, I know there are people who will certainly run more reps in an 800's session and probably faster but I'm still pleased with me little effort. My pace tonight is still a lot faster than my current 5k pace form so things are still moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment