Saturday, June 06, 2009

The day the clouds stood still

It rained and rained and rained and rained. And just when I thought it was going to stop... it rained some more. What a contrast to the weather of last week. It was impossible to stay dry so I didn't even bother to try.

Helen was disappointed with her run, coming home sixth. I wasn't entirely pleased by run either, coming home 106th - or what ever the heck my actual finishing position was. I didn't get into the grove, neither did I prove my love of the hill to anyone. I just didn't get going today. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the race because despite the poor weather I did quite enjoy it. I only had one pace today - and that was dead slow. I felt good before the start and of late things have been picking up so I'll not lose to much sleep over my poor showing.

Anyway, I've got the 3k steeple chase tomorrow, up in Rugby, where I will undoubtedly get a sound thrashing by every other runner in the race. It'll be good training though.

Right, I'm off to dig out my pb so I can gauge how slow I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment