Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Crikey o'reilly

That was tough. I struggled in the heat and missed one of the early reps but I made amends by running it at the end - I didn't get where I am today by not completing the session.

Dave B's group was back and Sean, Josh, a few others and myself ran 300s off short recovery - read 50 seconds for me but about a minute for Sean. We ran sets of four, three, two and one. As I alluded to at the start of the post, I actually ran three, three, two , one and one.

I was pleased with my times though - considering I really found it hard to recover between reps. I don't know what it is about the heat but I just struggle to get the oxygen in. My breathing just about eased back from gasping as we stepped up to the ockey - I mean start line.

My first rep was too fast - 50 seconds - and I slowed on the next two, 52 and 53 before not recovering in time to start the fourth, so I dodged the bullet. Then the next three reps went down in 53, 54, 53. The next two followed in 54 and 52. Before the official finish - remember I still had another one to go - in 51 seconds. Then as the lads warmed down I jogged a short recovery before hitting out my final, and tenth rep, in 48 seconds. Yes, I did say 48. I was right up on my toes for the entire lap and somehow just seemed to glide round the top bend into the final straight. Then the treacle kicked in but still, 48 seconds - what's that all about? I've only ever run a 300 faster than that once before - and that was back in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment