Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tired on a Thursday

It was a long day on my feet at work today and I mistakenly worked right through lunch without realising the time. By the time it got to gym time I was just too tired to go, that coupled with the fact that I missed my evening meal yesterday means I'm running pretty low on carbs at the moment. I am in severe need of nourishment - which I will be correcting imminently.

I'm not too fused about missing a few training sessions at the moment. Looking back it's been a hard year in which my running hasn't really moved on much - if any at all. I've run no fast times on the road other than Berlin - which I'm not mentioning. I never even got close to my 10k time at any point. It's time to take stock and focus towards the coming year. If I rest a little now maybe I can get get back the focus, the eagerness and the desire to really improve. As long as I can keep myself ticking over until then I'll be happy. Next year I must better my 5 and 10k times but the main focus will be fell running but I'm definitely going to try and break sixty seconds 400m on the track in the summer as an aside.

At the end of the day though, as long as I keep enjoying the fell running - which at the moment I can't get enough of - I shall continue to run with a smile - who wants to run on the road anyway?

Thought for the day: A champion is someone who gets back up, even when he doesn't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment