Sunday, December 09, 2007

Quad core

My legs are sore - but only a little. I went for an easy run with Rick and Sean up Ashton Court. We were out there for just over 40 minutes - and it didn't even rain - result. Anyway, I headed down the gym afterwards for a 40 minute blast on the bike.

I soon realised that the program setting I had chosen was a bit on the hard side for the state of my legs but the thing about me - you might have worked this out by now - I don't know when to quit. Like my record of never not finishing a race I've started the same applies to the stupid bloody exercise bike. I started the program so I had to complete. To reduce the level would be to admit defeat and I can't do that.

I don't know how much fluid loss I sustained - I know, you didn't want to know that - but by the end I felt dizzy and the legs were like jelly. It was a good work out though and I feel fine now and the legs feel pretty good.

Not sure at this stage whether I will make it to the Downs for training tomorrow - although the session planned does tempt me - and tempts me a lot - it finishes with a hard effort up Bridge Valley Road - I love hills...

Thought for the day: Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment