Sunday, December 16, 2007

Got caught up in the race

Well I blew it today. I got caught up in the race, finding myself running with the leaders at the front of the field in the first mile and ran just a fraction over my limit. That, of course, meant the remainder of the race was a bastard, hard struggle. A few people came past - including the notorious Helen F on the final climb - but by then my legs had totally had it and I felt sick. I was powerless to do anything - and believe me, I tried - but fair play to her, paced to perfection.

I'm still pleased with another top ten finish though. I was 7th. In honesty, I don't think I would have been much better had I gone off slighly less suicidal. It was a course you could really get your teeth into. There were some ups and downs with about 800ft of ascent in total but overall it was a pretty quick, raceable course. The one thing I lack at the moment is some decent flat speed. I shall be focusing on putting that right over the next few months.

Thought for the day: To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

The Christmas Forest 5


PS, Video to follow shortly

No comments:

Post a Comment