Friday, April 18, 2008

Out of practice

Well this post is a little late - but better late than never.

Being limited on time yesterday and on the back of another full day - this working a full day business is very tiring - I only managed to get to the gym for 40 minutes on the bike. Boy am I out of practice. It was such hard work and I didn't even bother to look at the score for fear of the psychological scarring that would have been caused.

It's going to be a rest day today ahead of the Sugar Loaf fell race, a 7 miler taking place, well, up Sugar Loaf of course. I feel confident of beating last years time but you can never really tell how the conditions will affect the race. I'm still not training enough but racing is going well so fingers crossed for a good one.

And of course, I'm off to collect my award at the club AGM tonight, the headline award of the evening, Supreme Athlete of the Decade - or something like that. I'm off now to compose my speech...

Thought for the day: If only one could get that wonderful feeling of accomplishment without having to accomplish anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment