Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Just breathe

Well I actually made it to the track tonight - whoo hoo. I struggled a bit though. In fact, I've been struggling with my breathing for a few weeks. It doesn't seem to affect me when I race - well not that I notice - but in training - and I haven't even been pushing to my limit - I really struggle for breath at the end of each rep. I just can't seem to get enough oxygen in quickly enough. When I finish each rep I really gasping for breath. I hope it will pass because it's a worry.

Anyway, it was a night for the regulars, Sean, Bruce and Nick - who, incidently, gave me some stick about missing last week - hands up, can't grumble at that. We ran two pyramid sets of 300/400/500/400/300 with about 60s recoveries and a slow jogged lap between sets. I think we all seemed to go fairly steady tonight. No one was burning it up but it was all fairly solid. My splits were 53, 73, 95, 76, 55 and 55, 74, 98, 75, 49. I really gave it a blast on that final one but boy did I struggle with lack of the old O2 at the end - it was worth it though, just to scare Sean.

I think I need to ease back now in preparation for the Llambedr to Blaenafon fell race, a 15 mile beast this coming Saturday. I'm woefully under prepared but heck, I didn't get where I am today without being just a tad on the mad side...

Thought for the day: The secret of staying young is good health - and lying about your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment