Saturday, February 08, 2020

I've Earned A Rest Day

So I managed to get my ass out the door this morning to complete my long run. With storm Kevin or whatever it's called, coming in overnight there's no way I'm venturing out tomorrow so it had to be today.

I'm pleased with the increased distance, 16.8km, but it was hard work. I think Kevin's niece, Ciara, was blowing through early as the section around to Blaisdon and beyond was right into the wind and a bit of a struggle if I'm honest. But I got through the run in one piece and the pace was a tiny fraction faster than last weeks run with an extra 100m ascent to boot, 370m total.

I didn't sit on my backside afterwards though as I had a bit of Zwifting planned with Andre Greipel and the Fight ALS Mega Ride and over 6000 other riders from every corner of the planet, helping raise an equivelent amount for ALS. The ride almost certainly set a new rider participation record for a single ride on Zwift. After the hours ride I'm feeling a little tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment