Saturday, March 02, 2019

More Of A Trot Than A Canter...

but overcoming the strong wind, I got round and for a bonus point it didn't rain. All in all, a result.

At just 8km though, the Carding Mill Canter, was tougher than I was expecting. I struggled on the first climb and it took me a few minutes to get going once I got to the top but then from there I started to pick up the pace and enjoy it. As a bonus I gained a few places - especially on the rougher bits.

My legs were a bit broken after the descent back into the valley at the midway point and I doubly struggled on the north loop. The climb to the top broke into three sections and each one was hard going. The wind made it all the more tough. I was beginning to lose the will to live on the final climb, wind buffeting me sideways, but just managed to hold on and then descend to the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment