Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Heavy Load To Bear

Pretty pleased with today's run in the Forest. Building on last week's run I added another couple of pounds to the pack, a twelve pounder this time out. Carrying that weight makes a hell of a difference. The first few miles were hard going but after awhile it all seemed to click into place and my running became more fluid - although no easier.

I had a basic idea of a circular route without actually mapping anything. In fact, I didn't even take a map - although I was packing a compass just in case. I just ran in the direction that felt right and took in a few new paths I've not travelled before. In particular the section over by Upper Soudley was new to me.

In all I covered 20.5km with a fairly minimal 300m of ascent, most of which was in two section over Upper Soudley way. Surprisingly, those two climbs felt OK despite the 12lbs I was carrying. All done now I can relax for the rest of the day. Must get out again tomorrow though...

Today's 20.5km with 300m ascent

No comments:

Post a Comment