Thursday, April 12, 2012

There'll Be No Traverse

Sadly I'm going to call off my South Wales Traverse attempt in June. It might only be April but my training has taken a nose dive and when I'm not working I'm too tired for it - ooh matron. If I try and force things I'm just going to wreck myself. Hopefully I can keep the long training runs going on an intermittent basis to keep things ticking over. After all, I've got to keep some semblance of form for the Saunders Mountain Marathon. With luck things will ease off in a couple of months and I can get the mojo back out of the cupboard, dust it off - oooh, no, ssssh - and get things going again. When things do ease I will have to consider my options. A late traverse? or maybe just put my full focus into the Offa's Dyke attempt. Three days for the 180 miles?...

Tomorrow I'm hoping to find enough motivation to head up over May Hill - read Flexi-Day off work. This weekend is going to be my last few days of freedom from it for a while. Sugar loaf Saturday. Lounging around Sunday and then back to the grind stone...

No comments:

Post a Comment