Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Tip Number 17

When attempting to run a 5k race always remember to take your running shoes... And so it was that I was unable to run at tonight's Bridge Inn 5k - doh. Apart from that I was totally organised. I'd remembered the light and generator ready to provide their glorious illumination at the finish. I'd remembered my shorts and vest, socks and watch. I'd remembered the walking boots for cable tracing across farm fields - that was for work - and I'd remembered the tool kit - also for work. So all in all it was a pretty good effort - just not good enough. In the words of the great prophet Roy Walker, 'It's good but it's not right'...

Oh well, maybe next race will go a better. Let's face it, it'd be hard pushed to go any worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment