Saturday, October 08, 2011

About Face

Not exactly the way it was supposed to be. I spent far too much time in my big ol' boots this morning. It never ceases to amaze how time flies when you're in the thick of it. So, after a couple strong cups of coffee, a peruse of the news, I jumped straight in - to the brook. That job didn't actually last long. It was surprisingly clear and didn't need much work. It should be clear enough to let the river flow all winter long.

Having spent less time there than I expected I made a start on the front garden. My dense bushes  - sssh, ooh, no, stop it - were in need of a prune and general tidy up. And that was were the time went. Tidying your bush - ooh matron - is a bit like eating pringles - once you pop, you can't stop. And so it was, once I started hacking, slashing, cutting and chopping, I didn't know when to stop. 'That looks good, just that last branch, and that one, oh and that one, and ...' I did eventually decide the job was a good 'un. The driveway is reclaimed - not that it was hidden but it was on its way. Now it's nice and clear. There's still a measure of tidying up to go but I've broken the back of it.

Anyway, by the time I'd packed up it was gone two. Now that's not massively late but by the time I'd cooked up some lunch it was time to get cracking on the HP film-o-thone - well, every now and then one's allowed to be a sad git. I'm going to hit the trail tomorrow instead. I kicked things off with the Goblet Of Fire as I'd seen the first three films about a month ago and for that don't know, the HP films are looong so I did at least muster for two and a half hours on the bike as I watched - couldn't be a total couch potato could I? Later I'll be firing up The Order Of The Phoenix - god I'm a saddo...

No comments:

Post a Comment