Sunday, October 23, 2011

Great Night Out...

In Bristol. That put paid to being able to run the Exmoor Stagger but sometimes you've got to look at the bigger picture. There's a time to run - and there's a time for fun. It's all about getting the balance right - and yesterday was definitely the right time for some fun. I never really enjoyed 'clubbing' - other than seals - just kidding - when I was young but now, as I approach the big 4 O, it's a right laugh. A bit of booze and I'm up on that dance floor quicker than a ferret up a trouser leg, dancing like me dad - and not giving a damn. Good days.

For the week ahead there's the Bridge Inn 5k on Tuesday - and I might actually try and run a bit faster this time - but not too quick mind, wouldn't want to strain anything. Then next Saturday is the Sugar Loaf Winter Fell Race. It's a good race. One of my favourites in fact, but there is a chance I might not make it on account of preparing for the family visiting the next day and I'll have a bucket load of preparation to do. Hopefully I can be organised enough to do the race and still have time to get everything ready for the visit. To which, I've finalised the menu and the schedule of preparation is well developed - it's going to be like a military operation...

No comments:

Post a Comment