Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Long Tiring Day

Well I finally made it home - but it was a bit of a battle. I knew it was going to be. The rain always causes havoc. It seems to instill a kind a fear in some people but it really doesn't need to. Having had another brain draining day at work I could have done without that so I just cranked up the volume and boomed out my tunes as I settled in for a slow one. Annoying? Yes, but I'm used to it now and it doesn't stress me out - not much, anyway. So, realising it wasn't going to be an early home, I decided I might as well go totally the other way and called in at the supermarket for the weeks shop - and this one was a biggy! The family is coming up on Sunday and I'm looking forward to impressing them - assuming, of course, I manage to pull it off - stop it, matron! My menu is planned and I think I picked up all the ingredients but there's bound to be something I've forgotten.

Finally home, I hit the bike for an hour before cooking up a little tomato, onion and chorizo on toast with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Simple but tasty and now it's time to chill out before it all starts again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment