Sunday, October 16, 2011

Close To Home

I got up and out there before I had time to fritter the day away - well, we didn't want another yesterday did we? And what a great morning it was too. After a bit of a lie-in I planned today's route over a freshly brewed, strong americano - or as I like to call it, a black coffee - and headed out. I started off running up and over to Hobbs Quarry and down into Blaisdon Wood which, at this time of year and with the early morning mist still lingering, was an autumnal masterpiece. It won't be long before it becomes a boggy quagmire but for now it's just about perfect. I continued over to Flaxley Wood. The sun, clear and bright, finally vanquished the mist and as I hit Edge Hill and woods above Cinderford the views all around were fantastic. I wasn't going fast but I climbed well. In fact, dare I say it, I'm almost feeling strong on the climbs - no, I daren't, there is still much work needed on that front but things are definitely improving. In all I ran about twelve miles and a fairly decent 2,000 feet of ascent. A good run indeed. Today's circular loop:-

No comments:

Post a Comment