Saturday, March 07, 2009

Pit and the Pendle-um

Well we made it to the fields of Barley and the Half Tour Of Pendle. The weather held - what ever that means - and I really enjoyed it. Wasn't my finest ever race - I'm not fit enough for that at the mo - but after a cautious start I worked my way into the top half and finished comfortably inside in my first ever English championship race. 179th out of 384 - ok, for the mathematicians out there, thats actually only 13 places inside the top half - or as I call it, comfortable.

Helen was fifth but the team was first, so that's a steady start to her campaign. Oh yeah, I was under five minutes behind her so I'm really pleased with that.

Just the journey home to contend with now so fingers crossed the traffic is light.

No comments:

Post a Comment