Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh blimey

I think I've run a little too far and I don't think my legs belong to me anymore since I can no longer feel the pain. We covered 17.5 miles and 4,000+ feet of ascent on a gloriously sunny day in the Black Mountains - I have the sun burn to prove it.  We hardly saw a soul 'cept the odd mountain biker.

By the end I was knackered. Pedwar was knackered. Brown Dog was knackered. I'm sure Helen was knackered. But Ernie? He was more than knackered, he only just managed too climb into the van for the journey home - and I don't think he was faking.

It was my longest run since August. We treated it as a bit of a day out as much as out and out hard running. I don't think I'm going to have any trouble sleeping tonight - being able to walk tomorrow? Now that's an entirely different kettle of fish...

No comments:

Post a Comment