Thursday, June 29, 2023

Curious Incident of the Mouse in the Nighttime

My foot is feeling much better, but I can still feel the pain point in the midsole area. Unsurprisingly, I have not ventured back to the treadmill yet let alone the outside world - running wise. So, this week, it's been Zwift, Zwift, Zwift and more bike Zwift. A couple of zone 3 rides and two interval sessions. I'm sensing..... more Zwift tomorrow....

Anyway, onto the not so curious incident... It's been a while since I've received a nighttime delivery - and that's a good thing - but this morning, circa sometime when it was still pitch-black outside, I heard a curious squeaking which stirred me from my sleep. After finding my bearings I realised the cat had brought in something. Something live. Something live, which the damn cat had thought a good idea to drop amongst my shoes under the bed. Queue a 'little bit' of swearing followed by chasing the cat out of the bedroom and then attempting to catch the mouse...

I'm pretty pro when it comes to that - I've had a lot of practice. So, with its tail sticking out, the mouse was mine. The little bugger then dug its teeth in. I wasn't going to gift it back to the cat, so I shot down the stairs stark naked and out into the front garden, mouse still clamped soundly onto my finger. The mouse extricated itself from my finger once it sensed freedom. A happy ending. It scampered off and I'm probably going to die of the plague...


No comments:

Post a Comment