Saturday, June 10, 2023

Not Long Now...

Just a week away from my first actual race since the return began. I think I'm ready and my aim is pretty basic; finish in the top 50%. It's a far cry from the top 10% of olden days, but you've got to start small...

Anyway, it's been another decent week of training. Zwift intervals on the bike. A set of intervals on the treadmill and a long run - although it was not quite as long as it should have been on account of taking a wrong turn and missing 2km. Despite that, it was a good run. With every passing run, I feel I'm getting my old climbing legs. There is still some way to go but I'm getting there.

That was yesterday, and today I ran a recovery 8km and my goodness was it ever hot. Finished with a 20-minute cool down on the bike. It'll be another run and bike tomorrow and then it's time to taper into next Sunday's Magic Roundabout - where hopefully Zebedee won't overtake me...

No comments:

Post a Comment