Monday, June 26, 2023

I Think I Broke My Foot...

Not really, it just f*(%ing hurts, and I can only hobble. Although that was Saturday, and it is feeling a bit better today.

Having twisted my foot during last week's return to racing, I couldn't run Monday or Tuesday, but it wasn't too painful and by Wednesday I headed to the treadmill to reduce the impacts by way of a tester. There were no repercussions from that, so I thought that was the all clear. Thursday, I headed out for a short blast after work on the Hobbs loop. That went well and I moved up to 2nd in the A40 climb KOM rankings on Strava - that is now officially my target for claiming my first KOM for over a decade....

Then it all went a bit wrong Saturday. I was going okay despite being hellishly hot. I improved my time on the central Flaxley climb KOM - I'm only 18s short of my all-time best from nine years ago - so I'm going to be taking that down imminently. Then, about 4-5km in, my foot went again. I slowed and got home but the foot was knackered. As I said, it is feeling better today, and it doesn't seem to affect me on the bike so it's going to be a week of Zwifting and then some gentle treadmilling into the weekend.

Up today was a pretty solid 30-minute tempo on the Zwift with Mathieu van der Poel. More bike tomorrow and then some more Wednesday and then.... some more Thursday....

No comments:

Post a Comment