Sunday, November 11, 2012

Where Did That Come From?

I am, of course, talking about the sun. What a cracker of a day. I can't say I was out of the blocks early but I did eventually drag myself out from under the warm duvet - mainly due to Sherman, aka "the Tank", crashing around the bedroom chasing a toy mouse. I took that to mean feed me, feed me now or I wreck the place. Taking the hint I got up, fed the felines and set about the days chores. By midday I was done and headed out over May Hill. It really was a cracking day. The views stretched as far as the eye could see.

After a loverly - I spotted the typo, but as I'm a Bristol lad I thought I'd let it pass - warm shower it was into the kitchen to cook up a feast for the birds - sadly, I'm talking the feathered variety. I've been keeping various left overs to make lard cakes. So after a quick blitz in the processor I added the mix to melted lard - mmmm, lard - and potted it up with some string to hang from the trees. Got to look after the birds...

Finished off the afternoon with a quick dip in the stream. I was of course wearing my thigh length waders - ooh, matron. The vegetation was beginning to get a bit overgrown again and we don't want it flooding do we...

No comments:

Post a Comment