Thursday, September 22, 2011

Preparing For Sub-3 Black Mountains

Now, I don't want to go putting the pressure on but I just have to think I'm in shape to go under three hours for Saturday's Black Mountains race. I was seven minutes outside that last year and I wasn't as fit as I am now - or is my improved fitness all in my mind? I hope not. Then again, seven minutes is in the region of thirty seconds a mile quicker and when you think in those terms it sounds a harder challenge - think how much extra effort that would be in a road race... I still think it should be on. In preparation I'm going to be looking out last years splits to Pen Cerrig Calc, 'the first valley', Pen y Gadir Fawr, Charwl y fan - or what ever the hell that unprouncable summit is called [and I can't be arsed to look at the map for the spelling], Bal Mawr and then Crug Mawr. All I need to do is chip away on those splits. Come on. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment