Monday, September 12, 2011

No Wonder I Feel Knackered

I've now had time to plot my route from yesterday's Lake District Mountain Trial. Could my route have been so terribly off the scale that the planners '15.5' miles turned into my 20 miles? Also reckon there were an extra few feet of ascent for a total in the region of 7,000 feet - and we ran the shortened, bad weather route. Heaven knows how far I'd have run had we done the full measure...

Was a great weekend though and I feel I am continuing to go from strength to strength. A month or two I had a bit of a slide backwards but I feel firmly in forward gear again. Although I struggled a little on the steep ascents I felt strong going over the rough terrain of thick grass, bog and heather. After all that I'm pleased my legs don't feel too bad but I am really tired. Took the day off work today to recover - not as young as I used to be. Been a good rest.

Looking towards the rest of the month I've the Llyn-y-Fan race next Saturday which I don't think suits my style right now on account of it being a fairly quick climbing course although I hope to hold my own on the sharpish descent. Then there's the St Arvans 10 on the Sunday where I think I'll go better. The following week sees the Black Mountains race and I've set my sights on going sub-three hours for the first time. Looking beyond that I want to run a few orienteering events but longer term I need to start building up the miles - and so it starts again...

My route (estimated) from yesterday:-

No comments:

Post a Comment