Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

On the work front I successfully completed two of my planned three jobs. To be fair if I'd headed home after two it would have been two out of two - mental note, don't try and cram in too much, there are only so many hours in the day.

My calves are still buggered - but improved. I've decided to rest completely and hit the track tomorrow. Probably a big mistake but what the heck. I need to get in the habit - and I'm not talking nuns.

On other matters I'm trying an online service called EverydayHealth (www.everydayhealth.com) to journal my calorie intake. It's freebie and no doubt I'll get some ads emailed my way. A small price to pay if it does the trick. It's pretty quick to add to the journal something similar from their list to that the you've just eaten. OK, so it's not going to be accurate but close enough is good enough for me - it's not like I'm exactly overweight but I do need to shift a few pounds. Every pound lost is a few seconds per mile quicker and that's worth the effort. I intend to focus - and logging what you scoff really does focus the mind. One look at today's journal and I'm done for the night. Plus I can see it's all been pretty healthy today - bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment