Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Only Went And Did It

Returned to the track, that is. It wasn't exactly triumphant but neither was it a total disaster. Good turn out as well - it's a happening place. Rick, Bruce, Tim, Mike and lastly and most importantly Sean. Sean and Tim ran an 800m followed by six 400m's while Bruce and I cut loose to run a 400m followed by six 200m's. It was good pacing but slightly shameful that I could only manage half the distance at Sean and Tim's pace.

I was quite pleased with my splits though, if slightly embarrassed at how knackering it all felt. They were 77s and then 32, 32, 31, 32, 31 and 31s. Hopeful I can stick with it - making this another Never Say Never day of training - and a speed session to boot.

I'm now busy cycling thirty minutes on the exercise bike - madness, utter madness.

Oh, and before I forget, the Sugar Loaf results are in and I was 13th of 83 - so that's good - but best of all I hit past the 90% barrier on the 'compare to the top five average' method. 92.41% - I've not been there for three years. My best performance of the year by far. Bodes well for Saturday's Brecon Beacons fell race but I'm not going to get carried away... (well maybe just a little)

No comments:

Post a Comment