Sunday, July 27, 2008

I think I'm Broken...

Or should that be Brecon. I made it over to recce the parts of the Brecon Beacons fell race that other fell runners don't reach - and it near killed me.

On a scorching hot day we ran up from the start point, collecting check points one and two - or the place where they will be - before heading back down and off route for a short cut before heading back up again and intercepting the race route to bag the last couple of check points - or the place where they will be - and making back to the white beast. It was a tough 13 miler with a fair amount of ascent.

Anyway, you know that point in a run, the point where you really don't want to run anymore? The point where you just want it over? The point where the tiredness becomes just too much? Well I didn't reach that point - only kidding, I hit that point and then some. I was f#@ked come the end - come to think of it, I was f#@ked a good 5k before the end. Suffice to say H still had something left in reserve - as did Brown Dog, who was panting a bit in the heat but I bet she could still have gone round again. It's all good training though but I'm not sure if I'm going to be ready for the race in time. I've only got three weeks.

And of today? I had my geek hat on today, scoring the Junior league meeting over at Yate so I didn't have time to fit in any training - well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Up to the Downs tomorrow for Rick's session - interval session here I come...

Thought for the day: Never jump on a man, unless he is down

No comments:

Post a Comment