Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh happy day

What a great feeling - the feeling you get when you start out on an eleven miler feeling pants and moving at the pace of a zimmer frame wielding pensioner but by the end you're running at your 10k pace - now that's a great feeling. I followed that up with 45 minutes on the exercise bike and then twenty minutes on the weights. Oh the joys of exercise induced endorphins.

Off now to relax and chill. I haven't decided what training I'm going to do tomorrow - I might even take a rest day ahead of my Saturday long run, which I hope will be in the region of 18 miles. I say hope because I plan to run eighteen but whether I manage to carry out the threat is another matter entirely - fingers crossed.

And before I forget, good luck to John K and all the other runners taking to the field of battle over the weekend as they take on the 95 miles of the West Highland Way Race.

Thought for the day: I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

Thanks ... just 4hrs to go now before the whw race starts. Looking forward to the experience!!

John

Post a Comment