Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No rest for the wicked ......

or in my case, the slow. I got straight back on the horse after falling off last night, more determined than ever to put things right. It was a hard session tonight, in fact it was evil. All of the lads were present, Nick, Sean and Harry. Harry, as a special treat, was allowed to run with Rob H, putting in eight 200m reps. They seemed to be covering the ground rather too rapidly for my liking.

Rick had us running 400m pairs with just a 15s recovery. I decided that it would be suicide for me to try 15s so I did 30s recoveries instead. Even so it was wickedly hard. I managed my 4's in 71 to 73s with the exception of the last one of the third set which dropped out to 75 so I decided it was a good place to call it a day. I felt 6 400's was a good enough after yesterday. Nick and Sean managed the full 4 sets of 2. How they managed on just 15s is beyond me.

I'm not sure what I shall be doing tomorrow but Rick is planning a session of kilometre reps on Friday with Lucy F and I am going to try for that. It's been a while since I've done longer reps and could probably do with some.

Thought for the day: Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.

Here is the Leg 10 route from the Welsh Castles Relay.

No comments:

Post a Comment