Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday reps a shock to the system

I had a good day at work and got a good few things done. Then it was over to the Downs for the kilometre reps. It was a bit of a shock to the system - training on a Friday, that is, as it's usually my rest or, as I like to call it, my lazy bar steward day :) When I got there I realised I'd have to change out of my shirt and tie into my running gear. As I stripped to my underwear I just prayed that the cops didn't spot me as I stood on the pavement flashing.

Met Rick and Lucy F up by the Water Tower and then it was into the reps. We ran four with a two and a half minute recovery. The odd reps were comfortable, with a helping wind and gentle downhill slope. The evens were tough though, as we ran them in reverse. I was pleased with the session as I've been missing longer reps from my training. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going now. And I'll tell you what, if ever I thought I trained hard then it's nothing compared to Lucy's training. Fair play to her - with all her training she deserves to do well in her pentathlons, biathlons, dodecahedronathlons - I think I might have made that one up.

I'm still on for my long training run tomorrow. Hopefully I can keep it together to run somewhere in the region of fifteen miles. I'd like to put in twenty but I don't think I'm quite ready for that just yet. Give it a few weeks and I'll be there. Unfortunately it means that I'm going to have to give the fell races a miss for a while - I might fit in one or two but if I do they'll be as part of training.

Thought for the day: Nine out of ten people who change their minds are wrong the second time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment