Monday, June 04, 2007

Little bit stiff ......

The legs! The legs are a little bit stiff - you smutty lot. Actually they're quite a bit achy - mostly in the quads so it was just a weights session for me today. They're easing tonight so I should be up to running tomorrow.

I have a dilemma though. It's the Welsh castles relay this coming weekend and as usual I'm driving the support vehicle as we only put in a vets team - and I'm just a wee youngster so I don't get to run. This year I'm hoping to try and blag a run for a team - any team - who is short of a runner - and I'd prefer one of the harder legs, a mountain one preferably and as long as you like - but beggars can't be choosers so I'll take anything. The dilemma I have is whether assume I won't get a run and do a normal weeks training starting with an easy one tomorrow, to help the legs recover, and then the track on Wednesday followed by hills on Thursday - in which case I won't be rested if I do manage to get a run or do I plough into hills tomorrow, knowing that the legs won't be a hundred percent, and then the track on Wednesday followed by the easy one on Thursday and assume I will manage to get a run? Is the cup half empty or half full? I can't quite make up my mind.

Decisions, decisions......

Thought for the day: If you're going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment